Play in Clay with Island Stoneware
Our Play in Clay pottery making workshops offer a 2-hour, hands-on pottery making experience for $75. Come and feel the joy that comes from working clay by hand and transforming it into your own work of art. It is the joy of making!
Here is how it works:
- Start the 2-hour workshop with a studio tour where you will learn how we transform lumps of clay into works of art led by a skilled member of the Island Stoneware team
- Pick 1 to 3 forms, depending on size, from the shelf (Make as many additional pieces as you wish; the price is marked on the bottom of each piece)
- Plan your pottery design (you can also get inspired by our many samples)
- Let go of your need to make it perfect and enjoy the moment of building pottery from slab
- Leave your work of art with us to be professionally glazed and kiln-fired
- Your finished pieces will be ready approximately two and a half weeks after your session.
What to expect from the experience?
You can expect to have all five senses stimulated and our Play in Clay experience. Your sight will be filled with beautiful, inspiring finished pottery handmade in our studio and by our craftspeople hard at work alongside you. You will smell the earthy aroma of wet clay being worked and experience the joy of playing in the mud. The sound of our team working away is always in the background along with an ever changing set of tunes spun by our potters to inspire them as they work. Every session also concludes with a sweet delight from a local bakery.
What you will learn
Each Play in Clay session features a tour of the Island Stoneware studio. You will learn about the various stages of pottery production and what it takes to make pottery for a living by creating your very own work. Building pottery from slab is easy to learn and ideal for everyone from first-timers to pros. You will be surrounded by Island Stoneware product in all stages of production. We draw our inspiration for our unique, handmade creations from the landscape and culture of Prince Edward Island. What inspiration will you bring to your creation?
*There is a minimum booking of 4 ppl but we can accommodate up to 12 per session.*