Stargazing in the Park
Join Cindy from Luna Yoga PEI for a mindful stargazing experience under the open night sky. This family-friendly event includes guided movement and mindfulness exercises designed to encourage presence, connection, and relaxation. While stargazing is a central component of the event, the focus is not solely on the stars themselves: it’s on the experience of being in the moment, appreciating the vastness of the universe, and cultivating a sense of awe and wonder through connection with the world around you.
This experience will take place at Green’s Shore along Summerside’s beautiful boardwalk. Since this is a late-night stargazing event, here’s a list of things to consider to make the experience more enjoyable for you:
– Dress in layers. Even on a summer night, temperatures can drop significantly after dark. Consider bringing along extra sweaters and jackets in case it gets cold.
– Bring blankets or chairs. We will be resting at points during the walk, so feel free to bring a blanket and/or a light portable chair for added comfort – or you can lounge in the grass!
– Snacks and drinks. Pack some food to enjoy during the event. Bring hot tea or cocoa to keep warm on chilly nights. Please always dispose of your waste appropriately.
– Flashlights or headlamps. Although our walk will be well-lit along the boardwalk, feel free to bring a flashlight or headlamp if it helps you to navigate in the dark. Note: red lights are best as they do not affect night vision (we do want it to be dark in order to see the stars!).
– Insect repellent. Bugs are generally attracted to the warmth of our body (and light!), so it’s a good idea to bring some spray to ward off mosquitoes and other pests.
– Another set of eyes. While telescopes or binoculars are not necessary for this event, perhaps you’d like to bring some to enhance your viewing experience!
The meeting spot is at the main entrance of Green’s Shore with lots of parking available – we hope to see you there on July 15th!
Sat, Jul 15 2023
8:45pm - 10:30pm
Green's Shore Park